users@glassfish.java.net

Order of deployment on server startup

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 10:51:47 -0500 (CDT)

Hello, How can we specify order of application deployment on application
server startup? We had a situation today where we started Glassfish and it
tried to deploy an EAR application without previously deploying a dependent
inbound resource adapter. There are 3 applications: - 1 EAR - 1 inbound
resource adapter that sends notifications to a MDB inside the EAR - 1
outbound resource adapter that is used by an EJB inside the EAR Glassfish
tried to deploy apps in the following order: 1. outbound resource adapter 2.
EAR <= this one failed, as it couldn't locate the inbound resource adapter
Why Glassfish didn't deploy the resource adapters first, and then the EAR?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ariod']