users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating a DCOM node...without install-node-dcom

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:11:58 -0700

Thanks for trying out the DCOM feature, Laird!

Useful Blogs you may want to check out:
https://blogs.oracle.com/foo/tags/dcom

The key to using DCOM is getting the Windows machines working with each
other using DCOM. Once they are configured to do that well, everything
else is usually very smooth going.

The key command for you to run is validate-dcom. It will test DCOM
between 2 machines.

asadmin tip of the day. If you want to see every DCOM command that we
have run this:

asadmin dcom
Command dcom not found.
Check the entry of command name. This command may be provided by a
package that is not installed
Closest matching local and remote command(s):
     create-node-dcom
     delete-node-dcom
     install-node-dcom
     list-nodes-dcom
     ping-node-dcom
     setup-local-dcom
     uninstall-node-dcom
     update-node-dcom
     validate-dcom

Again, thanks for using DCOM and please let us know how it goes!