users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating a DCOM node...without install-node-dcom

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:12:38 -0700

On 4/25/12 1:48 PM, Laird Nelson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com
> <mailto:joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>> wrote:
>
> [a bunch of useful stuff]
>

> What a thorough reply; thanks. I'll see if I can get create-node-dcom
> working since that would by far be the preferred mechanism. If I
> understand you right (and I'll look it up in the manpages as well,
> obviously) I would run this command on the DAS, right, and presumably
> would direct it to "look" at my Windows server? Again, thanks.

Right. This creates a "node" object in the DAS the identifies
the hostname of the remote machine, the GlassFish installation
location, and (in the case of SSH and DCOM nodes) credentials
to authenticate with when accessing the remote machine via
SSH or DCOM.

With this information the DAS can then run local asadmin commands
on the remote machine (like create-local-instance in response to
a create-instance, or start-local-instance in response to a
start-instance).

Joe