users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating a DCOM node...without install-node-dcom

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 22:41:12 -0400

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>wrote:

> The key to using DCOM is getting the Windows machines working with each
> other using DCOM. Once they are configured to do that well, everything
> else is usually very smooth going.

In case it matters, my DAS is either on a Linux box or a Mac, depending on
the server in question. :-)

In both cases, validate-dcom failed with various issues around either (a)
having trouble with the domain user (which I think is the second bug I
referenced) or (b) ignoring the path that the delete_me.bat file is created
in (which is the first bug I referenced, I think). So I can't get that
far. :-(

I've made all of the registry edits suggested in all of the various
workarounds, but to no avail. This all looks like useful stuff and I can't
wait until it works seamlessly, and I know just how hard it must be to keep
all these different platform/OS combinations up in the air.

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson