users@glassfish.java.net

Re: DAS can't see remote instance as running when GMS can

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 06:08:13 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Tom,

I used the copy-config command to generate cluster-conf from server-conf. And
then named the ClusterProd. But you're, this is confusing anyway so I renamed
everything to "c1" so now it's cluster-ref=c1 and c1-config used.

It's very odd to have all GMS notifications look correct in the logs of the
instances and the DAS but yet the remote instance doesn't show up. A command
to reload or redeploy a .war won't be sent to the remote instance (either
because the communication is broken or simply because the DAS doesn't see it
as running). I think updates to the config on the remote node only happen
during syncronization based on LastModified on cluster start up. You can see
here some output from GMS collected for each log which show the opposite of
what the DAS has:

/Reporting Joined and Ready state to group: c1
Announcing GroupStartup[COMPLETED_SUCCESS] for group: c1 members: i25,i26
GroupStart for group: c1 State: COMPLETED_SUCCESS  Started Members: i25,i26/

Benjamin

--
[Message sent by forum member 'benjamin_m']