users@glassfish.java.net

New JDBC connection pool using SQL Server's XA data source == hang?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:33:19 -0500

I just downloaded version 3.1.2 build 23.

I copied the Microsoft SQL Server driver into domains/domain1/lib/ext.

I created a new JDBC connection pool, specifying that I wanted the XA
capabilities.

I have the proper username and password for the JDBC connection.

When I press the Ping button, Glassfish effectively hangs. I get the long
running process dialog box.

If I dismiss the dialog box and attempt, say, to click on the Additional
Properties tag, I get the long running process box again.

The only way to get out of this state is to stop the server.

Is this a known issue?

Best,
Laird

--