users@glassfish.java.net

Re: New JDBC connection pool using SQL Server's XA data source == hang?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:28:37 -0500

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I copied the Microsoft SQL Server driver into domains/domain1/lib/ext.
> [...]
> When I press the Ping button, Glassfish effectively hangs. I get the long
> running process dialog box.

This triggered a faint memory of an obscure JVM bug, which I finally dug up
here: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7103725

The last comment in there is the solution.

The solution is to add the following system property to Glassfish's JVM

-Djsse.enableCBCProtection=false

I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks to Marina and Tom for suggesting things to try.

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson