users@glassfish.java.net

imq.transaction.producer.maxNumMsgs issue

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:11:34 -0600 (CST)

 Hello all,

We use Glassfish server for quite sometime for our enterprise application
deployment. We have a process in the application where more than 1000 jms
message are produced in a single transaction. We are using Glassfish 2.1.1 in
prod and we have never changed the value of
imq.transaction.producer.maxNumMsgs property and it is set to default value
of 1000. We have never received any exception while trying to produce more
than 1000 messages.

But now we are in the process of upgrading to Glassfish V3 and now we are
getting the exception :

ERROR sendMessage: Sending message failed. Connection ID:
427038234214377984:com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsserver.util.BrokerException:
transaction failed: [B4303]: The maximum number of messages [1,000] that the
producer can process in a single transaction (TID=427038234364096768) has
been exceeded. Please either limit the # of messages per transaction or
increase the imq.transaction.producer.maxNumMsgs property.

This gets resolved if I increase the property value.

My question is why am I not getting this exception with Glassfish 2.1.1? Is
the functionality broken in v2 ? I have seen that the oracle glassfish server
queue version has been upgraded in v3 but there was no fix regarding this
property.

Please help.

Regards

Arnab

--
[Message sent by forum member 'arnosgh']