users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish requires DISPLAY to install on Linux server and I

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 05:26:14 -0600 (CST)

Thanks so much, @tmueller.

I was able to solve the problem following the explanation given by
@glassfish123 on the page you referred me to: "Ok! I was able to resolve this
problem. This problem seems to occur if you have two interfaces, and the
hostname returned by the command `hostname` is being used for the ip address
for second interface (eth1) in the /etc/hosts file. I moved the name to the
ipaddress on eth0 (first entry in /etc/hosts) and the problem went away." I
just replaced localdomain.localhost in the first line with my domain and when
I started GlassFish, it started.

Thanks!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'redhat19']