users@glassfish.java.net

Re: need help with GlassFish install front-ended by Apache2 ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:43:33 -0600 (CST)

 Thanks oleksiys. I see you have two files there with the same name and I
used the more recent one (Aug 2, 2011). I just finished installing this and
playing around with it. Actually, it didn't change anything for me. I still
see exactly the same problem. Then I reviewed the glassfish server log,
before and after. Well, from what I can tell on the forums, the error that
your fix corrects relates to "Error decoding request." I never get this error
in the server log, actually there are no errors in the server log. I only see
an error in the mod_jk.log file as shown above.

For one week I've been fighting this error unsuccessfully. There is no
firewall between Apache webserver and Glassfish (they're on same server).
There's no loadbalancing nor clustering. Just a straightforward attempt at
connecting Apache webserver 2.2.x to GlassFish via mod_jk. I could be missing
something obvious since I never did this before.

I'm assuming if I can view www.mydomain.com:8080/hello that once I configure
as posted above (e.g. using VirtualHost with JkMount) I should be able to go
to www.mydomain.com/hello and see the application deployed in GlassFish
(correct me if that's a bad assumption). Looking at the mod_jk.log error, it
seems that mod_jk correctly identifies the JkMount of /hello and creates a
worker1 to send the header info the Tomcat (I guess it calls GlassFish Tomcat
here), but then once it sends this header, Tomcat closes the socket.

Would you have any hints what could be causing this? I'm out of ideas.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'gkk_gf']