users@glassfish.java.net

Re: permission denied installing Glassfish 3.1.1 on CentOS 6.2

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:47:09 -0600 (CST)

Hi gkk_gf,

I can't claim to be an expert on the topic as I am here to seek help myself
;)I do know though that using the -R option with chmod changes the owner of
the files recursively. changing the owner of all the subdirectories and
files.. and I see no reason why it should fail.

I have experienced a situation in which users could not access some parts of
a site because the owner of a folder was still root, because I didn't use the
-R option. I did and they were able to access those folders on the Linux
server. It should work in reverse.

I installed GlassFish as root, changed user to glassfish and everything seems
to work fine for me.

BTW, I wouldn't mind if you take a look at some of the questions I have asked
her today too.. Just in case you know something I don't. It does appear you
do.

Cheers,

--
[Message sent by forum member 'redhat19']