users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Check your /etc/hosts file.

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 19:16:16 -0600 (CST)

 I don't have an eth0 - this is a netbook and I'm only using wlan0.

I thought about /etc/hosts and I futzed with it - my `hostname` is netcat
(Yeah, I know, it should be a reserved word). I tried putting in a line for
netcat.localdomain using the NAT-ed address - no difference.

Then, I removed that line and just added "netcat" as one of the nicknames on
the localhost line. At this point, I got the following:

/0.0.0.0 : 4848 --> FREE

netcat/127.0.0.1 : 4848 --> FREE

localhost/127.0.0.1 : 4848 --> FREE

Waiting for domain1 to start Check for pid file:
/usr/local/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/pid

with the "Check for pid file" line repeating several times per second until I
ctrl-C-ed. No info about why the domain doesn't start. Any ideas? (Please
don't tell me to go plug in an ethernet connection because I'm too far away
from the router.) Is there a higher level of debug than AS_DEBUG=TRUE?

Thanks.

[Message sent by forum member 'carilda']