users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Launching Application is the problem

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:24:40 -0800

In v2, there is launch link for web applications only (ie, .war).
If you war is in the ear, you will need to construct your own url to
launch the war module based on the context root. To look at the
deployment descriptors, which will have the context root specified, go
to your application Descriptor tab. There is the table that lists out
all the sub modules and a link to let you view the descriptor files,
such as web.xml for your module.

In v3, we have added the feature such that you can launch any war
module in an application (.ear). The launch link is based on the
context root of this war module. Each war module in the application
has its own launch link.

Anissa.