users@glassfish.java.net

Can't login to Administration server console - even with valid admin password

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 06:11:59 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

Please bear with me as i'm new to glassfish. i've recently installed the
glassfish server on an ubuntu server. After finally getting all the missing
libraries etc in plass the install and configure completed ok.

I've created a domain which starts up fine, however when i try to login to
the console on port 4849 (chose this instead of default) via my browser it
just returns 'Authentication Failure' to be 100% i even changed the password
using :-

asadmin change-admin-password --user admin --port 4849

Alas the new password still yieled the same login error, i'm inclined to
believe this error to be false and the reason i can't log on to be
elesewhere.

Can anyone advise what might be causing this ?

The domain is started as user root

I did see warning in the setup phase about permissions for 8081 so wonderin
if that may be linked :-

Warning: You do not have permission to use port 8081 for domainxx. Ignoring
since the checkports option is set to false.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

[Message sent by forum member 'mikeyw']