users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 2 EAR component deploy order

From: <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 21:43:49 -0500

No, there was not a standard way to do it in EE 5. I believe the
behavior in GF v2.1 is to load the modules based on the declaration
order of the modules in the application.xml. You can give it a try.

In EE 6, the spec has standardized the loading order of the modules with
the "initialize-in-order" element in application.xml.

<xsd:element name="initialize-in-order"
                    type="javaee:generic-booleanType"
                    minOccurs="0"
                    maxOccurs="1">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:documentation>

             If initialize-in-order is true, modules must be initialized
             in the order they're listed in this deployment descriptor,
             with the exception of application client modules, which can
             be initialized in any order.
             If initialize-in-order is not set or set to false, the order
             of initialization is unspecified and may be product-dependent.

</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:annotation>

- Hong