users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Redelivery Interval (GF 2.1)

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:20:08 -0600 (CST)

[quote=nigeldeakin]You're using a relatively old version of GlassFish. Could
you try using the latest version? It seems to work for me with 3.1.1.
(Remember you've got a pool of MDBs, so if the MDB starts throwing exceptions
you'll see a sudden burst of, say, 32 exceptions, then a pause of 18 seconds,
when another burst of 32 exceptions, and so on.) Nigel[/quote]

We have converted our app to 3.1 and tried with 3.1.1 and 3.1.2, but we ran
into a couple of bugs that were show-stoppers for us (one on 3.1.1 and one on
3.1.2).  The bug in 3.1.1 was fixed in 3.1.2, but a bug in 3.1.2 makes that
unworkable for us too.  Another developer here has filed a bug report for
the 3.1.2 bug (super-slow deploy).

Anyway, I've got this fixed.  One problem was that doing a
MessageDrivenContext.setRollbackOnly() doesn't cause the message to be
redelivered like I believed it should have.  To work around that I had to
do: throw new RuntimeException(ex).

The second problem was that our code had an @AroundInvoke interceptor that
was catching exceptions and seemed to be intefering with the redelivery
process.  From what I can tell we no longer need the interceptor,
fortunately.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'culli']