users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Redelivery Interval (GF 2.1)

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:51:57 +0000

On 12/12/2011 23:46, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> I'm not having any luck getting a JMS redelivery interval to work. Below
> is the xml from sun-ejb.jar.xml (right place?).

Yes, this looks fine.

> I'd like to configure this
> in XML so if I want to change the interval later, I can do it without a
> recompile.
>
> Dialing up the logging, I can see what I think is proof that the value
> is getting set. It's just not honoring the value. I am hoping to slow
> down the redelivery to be very slow, so when a third-party system is down
> we're not pounding them with messages. What am I missing?

You're using a relatively old version of GlassFish. Could you try using the latest version? It seems to work for me with
3.1.1.

(Remember you've got a pool of MDBs, so if the MDB starts throwing exceptions you'll see a sudden burst of, say, 32
exceptions, then a pause of 18 seconds, when another burst of 32 exceptions, and so on.)

Nigel