users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF 3.1.1 - CMP com/sun/jdo/spi/persistence/support/sqlstore/database/ORACLE.properties

From: Bernhard Thalmayr <bernhard.thalmayr_at_painstakingminds.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:12:05 +0100

Thanks for your picking this up Mitesh, much appreciated.

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 5:42 AM, Mitesh Meswani
<mitesh.meswani_at_oracle.com>wrote:

> The property triggers some oracle driver specific optimization code in cmp
> run time. We did not want to introduce a compile time dependency on oracle
> driver in the open source code hence decided to disable the optimizations.

Removing this property makes CMP code fail on GF 3.1.1 which run
successfull in GF 2.1.1.

OracleSpecialDBOperation does not import any 'oracle driver code' ... so
there seems to be other parts of the code which leverage this property ...
or where does the 'compil time dependency' occur ?

Rgds,
Bernhard