users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish server admin page seems broken after ...

From: Bernhard Thalmayr <bernhard.thalmayr_at_painstakingminds.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:45:34 +0100

As far as I can tell I did not have any issues with 'secure admin'.

By default it does not use any 3rd party CA certificates but self-singed
ones (IIRC they are valid for 10 or 20 years).

Due to this the first time you access the 'ssl-secured' DAS you have to
trust the certificate (IIRC the server-cert is stored in the
.asadmintruststore file and not the CA cert -- I have no clue why).

-Bernhard

P.S. I'm using GF 3.1.1 b12

On 11/25/2011 11:33 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Stranger and stranger.
>
> Something like two days ago I reinstalled Glassfish to see if things might
> just be different - that was before I uploaded domain.xml and the Wireshark
> trace; and things were broken. Then I wanted to try to run another trace
> with
> Wireshark this morning, and what happens? I immediately get a warning about
> an unknown security certificate. In short, it seems to be back to working
> again. It has taken well over 24 hours to get to this. And thinking
> back, it
> seems that everything around this secure admin has been sluggish; it also
> took quite a long time before I was confronted with a certificate when I
> shut
> down the domain.
>
> As I interpret this, there is something that is happening very slowly
> outside
> the network that I am working on - I am not sure how these certificates
> work,
> how they are downloaded etc, but I vaguely imagine that they must come from
> some third party, a certificate authority, and perhaps they are checked
> with
> that third party every time they are used? I certainly have a hard time
> imagining how anything on the server could delay thigns for this long.
>

> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'janpla']

Painstaking Minds
IT-Consulting Bernhard Thalmayr
Tel: +49 (0)8062 7769174
Mobile: +49 (0)176 55060699
bernhard.thalmayr_at_painstakingminds.com - Solution Architect
e-mail is strictly forbidden.