users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish server admin page seems broken after ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 04:33:05 -0600 (CST)

Stranger and stranger.

Something like two days ago I reinstalled Glassfish to see if things might
just be different - that was before I uploaded domain.xml and the Wireshark
trace; and things were broken. Then I wanted to try to run another trace with
Wireshark this morning, and what happens? I immediately get a warning about
an unknown security certificate. In short, it seems to be back to working
again. It has taken well over 24 hours to get to this. And thinking back, it
seems that everything around this secure admin has been sluggish; it also
took quite a long time before I was confronted with a certificate when I shut
down the domain.

As I interpret this, there is something that is happening very slowly outside
the network that I am working on - I am not sure how these certificates work,
how they are downloaded etc, but I vaguely imagine that they must come from
some third party, a certificate authority, and perhaps they are checked with
that third party every time they are used? I certainly have a hard time
imagining how anything on the server could delay thigns for this long.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'janpla']