users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish server admin page seems broken after enable-secure-admin

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:42:03 -0600 (CST)

Why do I suddenly have trouble with Glassfish 3? After having been able to
run for months, I found recently (a couple of days ago) that I couldn't
connect to the admin page. Since this is only for my testing and development,
I decided to remove the installation and reinstall. This went well; I could
connect to domain1. I then deleted domain1 and created a new domain, staf;
this worked fine too. Because I use NetBeans I needed to enable secure
admin, which I did; I recall last time I did this, I was asked to accept a
security certificate from the commandline when I stopped the domain - this
didn't happen, but after about 5 or 10 minutes, where I had shut down and
started up a couple of times, I suddenly got the certificate and accepted it.
Straight away I could deploy from NetBeans etc, and when I connected to the
admin page using https it asked me to accept a certificate. So far so good.

Unfortunately I then made a stupid mistake and messed up the server
configuration; but no problem - I just re-installed once more. This time,
however, I find that I can't connect to the admin page at all. It either
times out or comes back with the message, that the server disconnected. What
is going on here? And in case you are psychic :-) let me know where I can
find relevant information, please.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'janpla']