users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Java System Property "com.sun.aas.configRoot" has wrong path

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:10:41 -0500

Hi, again, Harald.

You may have found a documentation error.

When you expand the appclient.jar file into your tsclient directory,
you should find the directory

tsclient\appclient\glassfish\domains\domain1\config

In this directory you should find glassfish-acc.xml and sun-acc.xml.
The two files are basically equivalent, although glassfish-acc.xml is
normally what people use (sun-acc.xml is deprecated - it is still
supported but in some future release that support might stop).

This is not at the location described in the documentation.

As always, you can modify the glassfish-acc.xml file if you want to so
it reflects your environment; often users will modify the <target-
server address="xxx" ...> value. Depending on how you installed
GlassFish on the server where you ran the package-appclient script the
target-server address value might be "localhost' which will certainly
not be correct if your client system is different from your server.

Hope that helps.

- Tim