users@glassfish.java.net

Broker configuration

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:49:37 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, from reading the doc it seems GlassFish is meant to configure a
master-broker cluster fully automatically. However this does not seem to be
working - both nodes are using mq://localhost:27676 as master broker so they
squabble when connected. What do I need to do to make this work?
If I put "imq.cluster.url" in
nodes/ubu2/i2/imq/instances/clusteri2/props/config.properties, start the
broker then execute `imqcmd query bkr` I can see that that config file is
being read. However I've tried many configuration permutations, including the
following, and none achieve a masterbroker on ubu1. I also tried some
configurations including "imq.cluster.hostname" and "imq.cluster.port" but
they didn't seem to help. I've applied each config to both instances.
[code]imq.cluster.masterbroker=ubu1[/code]
[code]imq.cluster.masterbroker=ubu1
imq.cluster.brokerlist=ubu1,ubu2[/code]
[code]imq.cluster.masterbroker=ubu1:27676
imq.cluster.brokerlist=ubu1:27676,ubu2:27676[/code]
[code]imq.cluster.masterbroker=ubu1:20676
imq.cluster.brokerlist=ubu1:20676,ubu2:20676[/code]
I've been reading
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2438/aeooa.html#gbnmu .
My setup is two Ubuntu 10.10 VirtualBoxes, ubu1 and ubu2, with domain 'cms'
on ubu1 portbase 5000 running cluster 'cluster'. Nodes 'localhost-cms' and
'ubu2' with instances 'i1' and 'i2' respectively. I can post a log of all the
asadmin commands used to initialise the environment if that would help.
The attached file includes the logfile from i2 after trying to deploy my
application and the results from `imqcmd query bkr -b ubu2:27676` (with the
default unedited configuration set up by GlassFish). I notice ubu1 at least
has both nodes in its brokerlist. I can query each broker from the other node
and get the same results as querying that node locally.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'lxs2']