users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SSL certificate update help requested

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:25:15 -0500 (CDT)

 ok same error.  I did change the new .jks file password;
/keytool -storepasswd -keystore gf.jks
/
I entered changeit and submitted.  I then confirmed by issuing;
/keytool -list -v -keystore gf.jks -alias wfgfcert/

Next I changed the domain.xml file to update both places (they are exact,
just in 2 spots)

<jvm-options>-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/config/gf.jks</jvm-options>

<jvm-options>-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/config/gf.jks</jvm-options>

And then restarted, so the same error.
The only thing I am wondering, this server has been in production for 2+
years, and the file size of the original keystore.jks vs. the new gf.jsk are
much different;2259 2011-09-07 10:12 gf.jks 5857 keystore.jks
2259 gf.jks   I am not sure but could there be other key's etc. that are not
in the new gf.jks, which is why it's now failing?  I did read you can remove
an alias from a .jks, should I look at removing the current working alias
from the keystore.jks that is expiring, then importing the renewed one into
the existing keystore.jks?   I am really lost, so trying to think of the
best way while learning and understanding.
Thanks again for all replies.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'xkaliburx']