users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish 3.1.1 ClassNotFoundException HibernatePersistence

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 12:07:01 -0400

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:04 PM, <forums_at_java.net> wrote:

> To use hibernate, go to the 'update center' in the admin console, and
> choose
> hibernate to install.

...which at last check installs (now fairly ancient) version 3.5.0, whose
JPQL syntax is not JPA-compliant, so beware. I was working on upgrading the
Hibernate support to at least 3.6 before I lost my hard drive a while back.
I'll see if I can pick it up again.

One of the problems in doing so is that the version syntax accepted by IPS
does not permit things like ".Final", which is a JBoss/Hibernate standard.
Yak shaving FTW.