users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HybridApplication WeldBootstrap Error

From: cinhtau <cinhtau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 06:43:26 -0700 (PDT)

Sahoo wrote:

> You may be facing http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-16964 . If you
> can share your test case with me, I can validate that. I just attached a
> patched MANIFEST.MF in this bug, so you may like to try that as well to
> see if it helps. Pl. copy me directly in your replies as we seem to be
> having a temporary moderation issues in this mailing list at the moment.
>
> Thanks,
> Sahoo

Solved with 2 possible solutions:

1: Just have to wait till weld updates the slf4j api. Alternative log
routing.
As possible workaround I choose to use OSGi LogService to route to
java.util.logging.
With the slf4j api/bridge I'm forwarding to logback outside the osgi
container.
This has disadvantages regarding performance and architecture.

2: Patching MANIFEST is also working confirmed in jira issue/thread.