users@glassfish.java.net

request response compression/decompression in glassfish

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 06:17:35 -0500 (CDT)

I'm working on request/response gzip compression in an application deployed
on glassfish. If incoming request has Accepts-Encoding='gzip' key in request
header, I sholud compress generated response and put Content-Encoding='gzip'
in response header and if the request header contains
Content-Encoding='gzip', It means to me that request is compressed and first
of all, I should decompress it and then compress the generated response.
I'm confused about the ways Of handling the message. I have some questions
listed below:
1-Should I intercept SOAPMessages with SOAPHandlers? but I have problems in
dealing with xmls and xml parser because of gzip format.
2-Can I use servlet filter to deal with httpRequests and responses directly?
I don't know if I'm right.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks

--
[Message sent by forum member 'afsaneh']