users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Win+Lin cluster

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:05:18 -0500 (CDT)

Paul is correct, GlassFish does not officially support platform heterogeneous
clusters.

That said, they can work. Mixing different Unixes typically is not a problem,
and I just verified today that I can run the DAS on Windows XP and create
an SSH node for a Unix (in my case Solaris) box and create and start the
instance. I was running the asadmin commands on the  (XP) system the
DAS was running on. The command I ran to create the node looked something
like this:

C:\glassfish3\bin>asadmin create-node-ssh --nodehost myhost.foo.com
--sshkeyfile c:\my\ssh\keyfile\id_dsa --sshuser myuser --installdir
/opt/glassfish3 unixnode Command create-node-ssh executed successfully.
And then I was able to create the instance:

C:\glassfish3\bin>asadmin create-instance --node unixnode instance1 Command
_create-instance-filesystem executed successfully. Port Assignments for
server instance instance1: JMX_SYSTEM_CONNECTOR_PORT=28687
JMS_PROVIDER_PORT=27677 HTTP_LISTENER_PORT=28081 ASADMIN_LISTENER_PORT=24849
JAVA_DEBUGGER_PORT=29010 IIOP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=23821
IIOP_LISTENER_PORT=23701 OSGI_SHELL_TELNET_PORT=26667
HTTP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=28182 IIOP_SSL_MUTUALAUTH_PORT=23921 The instance,
instance1, was created on host myhost.foo.com Command create-instance
executed successfully.
I'm not sure what went wrong in your case.

But to repeat: this isn't supported, and really hasn't been tested.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jfdipol']