users@glassfish.java.net

Security role names?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:12:10 -0400

Suppose I have an EJB in its own jar inside an ear file, and I want to use
Ron Monzillo's trick for getting a list of roles that a user has (
http://blogs.oracle.com/monzillo/entry/using_jacc_to_determine_a).

Suppose further that the EJB has a glassfish-ejb-jar.xml file in its
META-INF directory that lists some group-to-role bindings.

Let's assume I have an authenticated principal that logs in to the container
and by doing so should get roles A, B and C (i.e. that we've mapped groups
that the user is in to roles A, B and C using the glassfish-ejb-jar.xml
file).

The printout from this EJB is not returning the role list I would expect.
Do I need to do something else (like put in a glassfish-application.xml
file)? Does the glassfish-application.xml override the bindings of the
glassfish-ejb-jar.xml file?

Thanks,
Laird