users@glassfish.java.net

remote connection to JMS/MQ on Glassfish

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:08:14 -0500 (CDT)

I have seen multiple threads facing issues with remote JMS connections using
glassfish, and I believ it is trully a nightmare. Here is an original setting
that I thought would just simply work (I am using GF 3.0.1):

Server A - runs GF instance/webserver

Server B - has compiled JMS client that connects to A instance.

This setting proved to be a real challenge: starting from NoInitialContext
errors to simply not connecting it was impossibly to get client on B to
connect, even after setting

org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort=3700

org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost=...

I was finally able to get around some issues related to JNDI lookup by
installing and running multiple GF instances: one on A and one on B and
setting default JMS host on B to IP of A.

Now however I am facing very strange error running client on B (looks like a
security of some sort on GF/JMS):

INFO: MQJMSRA_RA1101: SJSMQ JMS Resource Adapter starting: REMOTE
Aug 17, 2011 7:53:21 AM com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsclient.ExceptionHandler
throwConnectionException
WARNING: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [192.168.1.68:7676].
- cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
^

and obviously client cannot connect. When I try the same client on A it works
perfectly... no issues what so ever.

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot connect from B to A while I can do so
from A to A? Is there any security settings that I need to tweak (on A) to
allow connection?

One more thing to add... When I try to ping JMS on server A from admin
console on B it tells me that ping was successful. Further more I do see my
connection factory and queues/topics (registered on A) on the B GF as well.
So it seems like the remote GF instance can indeed connect to A, while stand
alone client cannot. What am I missing?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nakoned']