users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using PKI authentication with Glassfish

From: Bernhard Thalmayr <bernhard.thalmayr_at_painstakingminds.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:51:35 +0200

On 08/11/2011 03:39 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Kumar,
>
> Thanks, that helps. What we are trying to do is to force anyone that
> hits the
> application server to be authenticated via Smart Card -- there should be a
> way to configure Glassfish to do that, not just the application.

IMHO there's no way to achieve this but require TLS/SSL.

Even using 'SAML' you can not force a 'Smart Card' based authentication.

BTW what do you really mean by 'Smart Card' based authentication?
Authentication based on a keypair stored on the 'Smart Card' or
something else?

-Bernhard

> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'dhagarty']

Painstaking Minds
IT-Consulting Bernhard Thalmayr
Tel: +49 (0)8062 7769174
Mobile: +49 (0)176 55060699
bernhard.thalmayr_at_painstakingminds.com - Solution Architect
e-mail is strictly forbidden.