users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Updating support for Hibernate on Glassfish: need community's help

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:55:50 -0400

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello; I'm trying to update the Glassfish Hibernate provider from its
> current 3.5.0 version to 3.6.6.Final.

The first version of this is up at https://github.com/ljnelson/hibernate-ips.
WARNING: you attempt to install and use this at your own risk. Previous
incarnations of this little effort have wiped out my Glassfish
installation. Pretty sure I fixed that problem but you never know. :-)

I'm soliciting feedback mainly on the proto.py file, which I am more or less
just aping from various other places on the web.

You'll want to read
http://blogs.oracle.com/alexismp/entry/ips_pkg_5_crash_course if you want
any prayer of understanding this effort at this stage. Note that I've
eliminated the use of ant, and the requirement to checkout and build the
glassfish-repo project.

To build and test, you'll need to install the pkg bits in a local directory
somewhere and fire up pkg.depotd, as documented here:
http://blogs.oracle.com/alexismp/entry/sample_hibernate_community_package_for
The default local IPS repository is located at http://localhost:10000 as you
can see from the pom.xml file.

Thanks,