users@glassfish.java.net

Setting logging level for application log in GF 3.1.1

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 02:25:48 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi,

I've been trying to set the logging level for my application in GF 3.1.1...
I'm using plaing java.util.logging logging in my application. The level seems
fixed to "INFO". Whenever I log something on e.g. the "FINE" level, it
doesn't show up in the log file. I tried to add "com.mycompany.xyz" to the
list of logging levels under "default-config" as well as "server-config". " I
tried both the web-based admin console and the asadmin set-log-levels
command. Whatever level I set, the level seems fixed to "INFO". Even if I set
the level to "SEVERE", "INFO"-messages still show up in the log. And the
other way around: "FINE" messages never show up...

I used to set the logging level via the admin console in GF 2.1 without
problems. Am I missing something that's changed in 3.1.1? Or am I
encountering a bug?

Best regards,

Bart Kummel

--
[Message sent by forum member 'bkummel']