users@glassfish.java.net

[GFv3.1] GUI doesn't accept DataSource class name

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:38:47 +0200

We're currently migrating from GFv2 to GFv3 and have trouble providing
the JDBC class.

In GFv2 everything works well: We gave a native path prefix for the
driver DLL and a classpath prefix for the driver JAR. Ping works.

In GFv3 there is no more classpath prefix, so we only gave the native
path prefix, but copied the driver JAR into domain1/lib, then restarted.
When we try to create a JDBC Connection Pool, we have to say "unknown
vendor" and give the DataSource's class name. We type it in and press
Finish but GFv3 always says: "Must specify either Datasource Classname
or Driver Classname" -- which is weird, as we typed in that class
name...!

What is our fault? How to fix that?

Thanks!

Markus