users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish jms server question

From: Amy Kang <Amy.Kang_at_Oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:47:29 -0700

On 11-06-20 07:36 AM, Eugene Kondrashev wrote:
> Hi again
> Thanks for the links but i still have a question
>
> I need to model the relationship between the jms server and the
> destionations having only domain.xml file.
>
> Let say I have three servers in domain1
> dasServer
> managedSrv01
> managedSrv02 (lets say it is another physical node in the same domain)
>
> And i have a topic defined at jmsra resource adapter.
> The targets are all listed servers.
>
> Assuming that each server has its own jms-service running, who is the
> broker that serves the destination?
> Is it das?

It's the broker that the application connects to which is controlled by
the JMS connection factory that the application uses. Please see
AddressList property description in 'asadmin create-jms-resource --help'

> or is it belongs to all the brokers having synch somehow?
> How does the situestion chande if I remove managedSrv01 from the
> target list?

The 'asadmin create-jms-resource --help' on 'target' says that the
resource "is only active at the specified --target".

copying Satish Kumar who may provide more details on this.

amy