users@glassfish.java.net

problem deploying with asadmin

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:00:43 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I'm pretty new to glassfish.  I managed to install a glassfish 3 server
on my Linux box, and it seems to run fine.  We've deployed some applications
to it and those run fine too.  What I'm trying to do though is do though is
set up some automation so that we can do builds and always have the latest
and greatest deployed to the server.

So I'm trying this:

asadmin undeploy myapp

asadmin deploy myapp.war

The undeploy works, the deploy doesn't, and I always get a message like:

"remote failure: File not found: <path>/myapp.war"

whether I run this command from the same directory that the war file is in
and give it no path, or from another directory and give it a full path, or
similar combinations, it always complains that it can't find the file, even
though it does exist at the exact path given in the "file not found" error
message, which is frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'brianj12']