users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Real values of configuration variables

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 15:56:15 -0400

On 6/2/11 8:24 AM, Eugene Kondrashev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to expand configuration variables to the real values. Let say i
> found at domain.xml property like:
>
> gms-bind-interface-address="${GMS-BIND-INTERFACE-ADDRESS-Cluster01}"
>
> From the doc here
> <http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19798-01/821-1753/abhau/index.html> i
> found that the real values of vars are defined at system-properies tag
> or passed through the jvm args.
> But i can't find ${GMS-BIND-INTERFACE-ADDRESS-Cluster01} var
> definition at domain.xml.

If you don't specify it yourself, then there won't be any value in
domain.xml for it and GMS will just pick an address to use. If you do
set one, you'll end up with information like below in domain.xml.

<servers>
<server name="server" ...>
</server>
<server name="in1" node-ref="localhost-domain1" config-ref="in1-config">
<system-property name="GMS-BIND-INTERFACE-ADDRESS-c1"
value="10.12.152.20"></system-property>
</server>
</servers>

See here for more information on GMS with multi-homed machine:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2426/gjfnl.html#gjdoo

Cheers,
Bobby