users@glassfish.java.net

Re: org.omg.CORBA.NO_IMPLEMENT: This is a locally ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:16:31 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Marina,

Sure thing. What I was doing that caused me to detect the error was to use
XA Resources (databases) and Remote EJB's together in a transaction:

First, I accessed an XAResource to perform a database query, which returns
information on the status of some processes, including the remote host on
which some EJB components reside. Then I connected to remote EJBs (on two
remote servers, actually). Somehow or other these were ordered in the
RegisteredResources like so:

  1) OTSResourceImpl (XAResource -- this is the timer db connection)
  2) _ResourceStub (on remote host #1)
  3) _ResourceStub (on remote host #2)
  4) OTSResourceImpl (XAResource -- this is the "status list" db, which was
     being updated)
  5) OTSResourceImpl (XAResource -- this contains some process detail, which
     was being queried only)

I didn't do anything special beyond that. Let me know if you need more
details.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'christopherrued']