users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using Hibernate on Glassfish?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:02:58 -0400

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Mitesh Meswani <mitesh.meswani_at_oracle.com>wrote:

> Hi Laird,
>
> If you want Hibernate to be available to all applications, it is preferable
> to copy hibernate jars in domain/lib dir.
> Here is an old blog entry (
> http://blogs.sun.com/GlassFishPersistence/entry/use_hibernate_as_a_persistence
> )

OK, and just dump its dependencies in there too, without needing to worry
about their somehow affecting the innards of Glassfish?

For example: suppose (I don't know that this is true, but just suppose) that
Glassfish used slf4j version 28.9 (I'm using fake version numbers on
purpose). And Hibernate requires version 21.6. So I dump slf4j v21.6 in
the domain lib directory. I want to make sure that I don't cause some kind
of LinkageError or something like that in Glassfish itself.

Best,
Laird