users@glassfish.java.net

Re: LDAP Login Module Not Flexible Enough

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 08:01:06 -0500 (CDT)

I've noticed two issues worth mentioning:

  1) I've got two login modules in my custom realm (NIS and LDAP) and if an
     error occurs in the first module then the stack trace is dumped to the
     log, but if an error occurs in the second module the stack trace isn't
     dumped to the log.  In order to troubleshoot and see what the probem is
     I had to remove the first login module (problem was I had forgotten to
     add LDAP server SSL certificate to trust store).
  2) My custom LDAP Login module stalls for 15 seconds each time an
     authentication attempt is made.  I've searched google and it appears
     this could be due to DNS or a bug in Java.  I didn't see this with the
     LDAP module that comes with GlassFish (probably because it uses pooling
     and authentication generally doesn't require a new connection).

--
[Message sent by forum member 'slominskir']