users@glassfish.java.net

Re: LDAP Login Module Not Flexible Enough

From: Kumar Jayanti <v.b.kumar.jayanti_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:22:34 +0530

On 16-Apr-2011, at 12:56 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:

> It looks like the JAAS class com.sun.security.auth.module.LdapLoginModule
> actually does exactly what I'm asking for (auth-only mode). Too bad the
> Glassfish class com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.login.LDAPLoginModule
> doesn't.

We will plan and try to add something which uses the com.sun.security.auth.module.LdapLoginModule for a future release. Or enhance the existing one

> I found a few resources for creating a custom Realm and LoginModule and I've
> gotten it to work, but it has been a huge pain in the neck. I've
> encountered stuff I never wanted to have to learn about such as OSGI, HK2,
> and the inner-workings of Glassfish container managed security. The primary
> resource for getting a custom module to work was this one:
> http://blogs.sun.com/nithya/entry/modularized_osgi_custom_realms_in [1]

You do not need OSGI and HK2 to write a custom realm. It is only if you need to make an OSGI aware realm then you need to use the blog above. Nithya will point you to another blog which would show just how to build a simple custom realm (no OSGI/HK2).

Thanks for the feedback...