users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [nbj2ee] Re: Help: access a Local Session Bean from another EAR

From: Xavier Callejas <xavier_at_sistemasaereos.com.sv>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:04:56 -0600

On Vie 15 Abr 2011 14:13:01 Steven Siebert escribió:
> I'm curious as to why the JNDI approach works - and wonder if this is
> actually a bug. There are several cases I would not like to expose my
> internal business interface out to the world, but if it was simply
> available through JNDI from another EAR running on the same domain. I
> think you might have found a bug =)
>

> Which version of GF are you running (3.0.1, 3.1)? I'm interested in
> testing this, as it has security implications for me.

3.0.1

I will prepare a test case where I can call a local session ben from another
EAR just as I am doing right now, and will post it.

The remote interface has practical performance disavanteges over local
interface if you are running your EARs in same JVM (of course considering the
securities implications). But for now I've finished experimenting with local
interface and I am returning to remote interface, I must finish this work :p

Thank you.