users@glassfish.java.net

Re: paths in glassfish

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:45:54 -0700

If this were true it would be a serious bug. We */guarantee /*that the
current working directory in the JVM (which can not be changed) is the
config directory of the server. On all platforms. Of course if you
start the server without using asadmin -- you're on your own.

You can depend on this behavior by using relative paths (e.g. in a web
app to get to the default docroot directory you can do this:
"../docroot" This is guaranteed to work though not necessarily
recommended.

To check what the working directory is -- simply do this with a running
domain:

asadmin generate-jvm-report | grep "user.dir"