users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JWS app client port from Glassfish 3.01 to 3.1; ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 17:38:11 -0500 (CDT)

HI Tim,

I noticed when I started up Netbeans 6.8, that it started glassfish 3.1.
It had the application TPSv3 deployed already (this was not normal operation
when developing for gf 3.01).  I tried to undeploy the applicaton from the
glassfish admin console and it would hang.  I finally, quit netbeans,
rebooted my computer and started glassfish as a service, and then undeployed
TPWv3 successfully with the admin console.  I bounced gf and re-deployed
TPSv3 and tried to start the application client from my normal facelet
launcher.  The java console output just stopped after the following:

security: JAVAWS AppPolicy Permission requested for:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___app/TPSv3/TPSv3Client/TPSv3-app-clientClient.jar
security: Istrusted:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___app/TPSv3/___dyn/TPSv3-app-client.jarClient/___main.jnlp
true
security: JAVAWS AppPolicy Permission requested for:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/lib/gf-client.jar
security: Istrusted:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___app/TPSv3/___dyn/TPSv3-app-client.jarClient/___main.jnlp
true
security: JAVAWS AppPolicy Permission requested for:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/modules/dol.jar
security: Istrusted:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system.jnlp true
security: JAVAWS AppPolicy Permission requested for:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/modules/acc-config.jar
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/modules/jaxb-osgi.jar
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/modules/deployment-common.jar
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/modules/jpa-connector.jar
security: Istrusted:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system.jnlp true

Then  after 15 minutes, it started up again, and the app client came up.
Just for the record, here are the next four lines in the java console

security: JAVAWS AppPolicy Permission requested for:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/modules/kernel.jar
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/modules/internal-api.jar
security: Istrusted:
http://io:8090/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system.jnlp true

Now the original exception happened multiple times,  while removing the
application and switching back an forth between gf 3.01 and 3.1.  I don't
have an explaination for why.  I think it may have been related to the
"weird" state I may have gotten glassfish in.  (may be related to
experimation with multiple domains).  Any any event, all the tests were done
on the same computer as glassfish was running.

Now to answer your questions/comments:

1)  asadmin failed with a ValidationException.  I tried this test on the
same machine as glassfish 3.1 was running.  Note the datasource
(jdbc/webspunprime/sealer) is defined properly in gf.  It works now, with
the long delay, as stated above.

[EL Info]: 2011-04-03 17:06:14.018--ServerSession(7709504)--EclipseLink,
version
: Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.2.0.v20110202-r8913^M
[EL Severe]: 2011-04-03 17:07:35.061--ServerSession(7709504)--Local Exception
St
ack: ^M
Exception [EclipseLink-7060] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
2.2.0.v20110202-r89
13): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException^M
Exception Description: Cannot acquire data source
[jdbc/webspunprime/sealer].^M
Internal Exception: javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup failed for
'jdbc/webspu
nprime/sealer' in
SerialContext[myEnv={java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.enter
prise.naming.impl.SerialInitContextFactory,
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=com.sun
.enterprise.naming,
java.naming.factory.state=com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation
.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl} [Root exception is javax.naming.NamingException:
Unab
le to acquire SerialContextProvider for
SerialContext[myEnv={java.naming.factory
.initial=com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialInitContextFactory,
java.naming.fa
ctory.url.pkgs=com.sun.enterprise.naming,
java.naming.factory.state=com.sun.corb
a.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl} [Root exception is
org.omg.CORB
A.COMM_FAILURE: FINE: IOP00410001: Connection failure: socketType:
IIOP_CLEAR_TE
XT; hostname: localhost; port: 9858  vmcid: OMG  minor code: 1  completed:
No]]^
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException.cannotAcquireD
ataSource(ValidationException.java:471)^M

2)  My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit Operating System).  Java Web Start
1.6.0_24.  I used the same machine for both the 3.01 and 3.1 tests.

3)  I tried deploying the TPSv3.ear without the database running, and
I could not.  Thus, without you populating a MySQL db with my schema, it
would do no good.  If we need to, and you are willing, I could send you a
database backup along with the ear.  The application is a reporting tool
that graphs data in the database.  There is some communication to production
equipement, but I don't think that is causing any problem.

Not sure what else to say at this point.

Regards,

David

--
[Message sent by forum member 'dbritton60']