users@glassfish.java.net

Re: which jersey classes/jars are part of 3.1

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:06:53 -0600

This is a result of issue 15560:
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-15560

The 3.0.1 included every single GlassFish class in the classpath that
was used to compile the Java generated from JSPs. This was incorrect as
an application should only have access to the standard interfaces, not
the internal implementation classes of the container. An application
that depends on a com.sun.* class is not going to be portable.

In 3.1, by default, only the standard packages are included.

The list of JAR files is in the default-web.xml file in the config
directory of your domain. You can edit this to include the JAR file
that contains the com.sun.jersey.api.client package. See the
"system-jar-includes" variable.

Tom