users@glassfish.java.net

Re: remote console - partial

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:11:42 -0600

When you start the domain without the --host option, I'm curious as to
what your hostname value is.

To get this, run:

asadmin generate-jvm-report | grep hostName

On my system, the output is:
com.sun.aas.hostName = adc2180966.us.oracle.com

i.e., it is the FQDN for the host, and specifically, it is not "localhost".

BTW, the --host option to start-domain should be ignored as it is a
local command. I'm really surprised you are seeing a difference in
behavior.

Tom