users@glassfish.java.net

Another plea for a (community) look at GLASSFISH-15836

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:25:35 -0500

I know 3.1 is around the corner and truly appreciate the work. However that
means that 3.1 bugs that have been deferred are just sitting there, like the
lonely one I recently filed: GLASSFISH-15836.

Can someone in the community please verify for me that the attached test
case to http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-15836 fails? There seems to
be a little confusion in the bug report itself; a couple of independent
verifications would go a long way here.

You should just have to download the test case (
http://java.net/jira/secure/attachment/44830/glassfish-15836-1.0-SNAPSHOT-src.tar.gz),
gunzip and tar xf it, cd into its root directory and run mvn clean install.

It should fail with (ultimately) some kind of buffer underflow error in the
bowels of CORBA (even though all the beans involved are @Local).

This bug has already been deferred past 3.1, but I am dead in the water
until it's fixed.

Thanks to any and all who can spend a couple of seconds on this. Add your
votes and/or watches as well, please.

Thanks,
Laird