users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Imposible to add a class library jar to Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:21:26 PDT

Dear all,

This issue is actually important to a small group of people: Liferay users who want to install Liferay into an existing Glassfish installation. I ran into the same problem, and found others complaining of it also.

To save people time, based on Sanjeeb's enormously useful replies above, clearly there is a problem with the Glassfish 3.0 distribution... but it has been addressed. If you're like me, you prefer just to find someone who has rebuilt the offending library... and good news: Liferay engineers have already done that. If you download the Liferay bundle for a *new* Glassfish deployment, you will find they have already updated the codec file. I am attaching it to this message. They did rename it to commons-codec.jar - I don't know why - so I renamed it back to the original name, commons-codec-repackaged.jar (I was getting an exception on startup otherwise).

I also found that they updated one more file, "jsf-impl.jar", and given that they *probably* know what they're doing, grabbed that as well. The reason I believe they updated it is that all the files in their glassfish/modules directory are dated Jun 8, 2010, except commons-codec and jsf-impl - both are dated Aug 16. So this is why I took both files. BUT THAT FILE IS TOO LARGE for forums.java.net to accept and that is why I did not attach it to this message... so if you want it, you'll have to go to Liferay's site and download the Liferay-Glassfish bundle... and search for that file yourself.

But at least you can get commons-codec-repackaged.jar here if you're impatient (like me).

Now, Liferay portal finally deploys on my existing Glassfish... life can now continue.[b][/b][b][/b]
[Message sent by forum member 'bland999']