users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish as a service on windows: asadmin create-service fails

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:44:09 PDT

> So sorry.

No problem now that I figured out the workaround.

> I radically changed the steaming innards of
> create-service to add another platform -- Ubuntu
> Linux. I consolidated the crazy-quilt
> Solaris-centric way it was gathering and storing
> data.

:-D If there's one thing I appreciate, it's gallows humor. Keep on consolidating. :-)

> The simple work-around is to run the command, and
> then after it fails hand-edit the xml file in the
> domain's bin directory and change the name and id to
> not contain slashes. Don't use spaces either to
> avoid ripping your hair out in frustration.

Really, the breakthrough was figuring out that it's Kohsuke's winsw project under the covers. Once I realized that it was pretty easy to figure out what was going on.

> This should be fixed completely in code within 2
> weeks.

And that is a beautiful thing.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']