users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish as a service on windows: asadmin create-service fails

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:33:47 PDT

So sorry.

I radically changed the steaming innards of create-service to add another platform -- Ubuntu Linux. I consolidated the crazy-quilt Solaris-centric way it was gathering and storing data.

So I broke create-service on Windows at MS3 delivery time ~ mid August 2010.

The simple work-around is to run the command, and then after it fails hand-edit the xml file in the domain's bin directory and change the name and id to not contain slashes. Don't use spaces either to avoid ripping your hair out in frustration.

This should be fixed completely in code within 2 weeks.
[Message sent by forum member 'bnevins']